Sunday, January 15, 2012

Turquoise Mala Beads

"Turquoise has been known by many names, but the word turquoise, which dates to the 17th century was derived from the french language turques, because it was first brought to Europe from Turkey.

Turquoise is a master healing stone. It fosters healthy relationships, attracts good fortune, prosperity, happiness, releases shame and guilt. It is a protector and cleanses the body from environmental pollutants. Helps with high blood pressure, asthma, infections, TMJ and dental problems.  It is believed that turquoise brings prosperity, good fortune, strength and helps overcome illness. Turquoise was esteemed by Tibetan Shamans for both its spiritual and physical healing and protective qualities.

Turquoise is associated with the Throat Chakra."

I was so happy when I got these Mala Beads today because not only do I love the color turquoise, I really love the meaning of these beads and the mantras they are charged with. I can appreciate on a personal level the idea that Turqoise is an "efficient healer" and helps calm the nerves...when I first started teaching yoga I let my nerves get the best of me (at times I am still guilty of that) but once I let go of that fear is when I am able to truly connect with my students. I am still continuing this "yogi journey" where I am learning something new everyday, whether it be from my peers or students, and understand now that in order to deepen the experience for my students I need to first believe that I have the confidence to hold the room. Turquoise is associated with the "throat chakra" aka Vishudda Chakra which is associated with "creativity and self-expression;"  which are two very important aspects to me as a yoga instructor. I love having the ability to express myself and create a flow that reflects my personality.

love. happiness. prosperity. good fortune. strength.

xoxo Roxy

No comments:

Post a Comment