Thursday, January 19, 2012

Active Wear

Last week I had the opportunity to do some yoga with CorePower Yoga in the storefront at Old Navy on State St. in Chicago. It was really awesome because they even let us pick out an outfit from their Activewear line! I was surprised at the wide selection they have to offer for Activewear; Old Navy offers several different options in terms of fit and great selection for men and women...all at a reasonable price!

I selected the "Women's Racer Back Active Tank" in the warm smoke print. I like that the top has a built-in bra and I really liked the fit with the keyhole opening in the back. I was doing yoga for about 2 hours in the storefront and the top definitely allowed me to continue with my flow; the top is from their "Go Dry!" line and the fabric is moisture wicking so it still allowed my skin to breathe as well.
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=77772&vid=1&pid=898370&scid=898370072

I also selected the "Women's Active Control Max Pants." I really liked the fit of these pants, especially since they are fitted at the bottom of the pants. There is also a mesh trim that's below the waistband which provides ventilation.


A little info. about the pose featured in the picture...Reverse Warrior aka Viparita virabhadrasana
Both legs are very active in this pose..the benefits of this pose is that it is a great stretch for the side body as well a great hip opener. Reverse warrior also helps build strength in the lower body.

xoxo
Roxy

No comments:

Post a Comment